Save money when you work with us, PERIOD!
We can help you Buy, Build and/or sell anywhere in the 13 counties in the metro
* Prouty has also been selected for the Expert Network Distinguished Professional Designation
Thinking of Selling, Buying or Building? Let us know so we can help you when you are ready, complete this form now.
Get a Rebate Real Estate saves you money whether Selling and/or Buying (including building new construction), Period! Watch our 15 second YouTube video.
- Real Estate commission is 100% negotiable.
- The seller or builder nearly always pays the agent working with the buyer their commission.
- By going to the seller or builder directly and not having an Agent on your side does not typically save you any money, i.e. commission, the other agent just gets all of the commission and is in a Dual Agency situation. Why not have an Agent on your side and get a rebate?
- Rebates are allowed in 40 states, including Minnesota.
- The seller and the buyer typically each have a title company they work with, and typically, closing takes place at the Buyer's title company.
- The market is the market, why pay a higher fee to someone else when the market ultimately decides when a property sells and at what price.
- Most buyers can see a max of 8 homes in one day before the home's features start blending together.
- The builder pays your agent when you bring in an agent to the builder. It's best to have that agent with you on your initial visit to the builder. Agents sell the majority of new construction, so builders are glad to work with agents and almost always have a commission built into the price.
- When an agent lists a home for sale on the MLS, they must note the agreed upon commission being paid out to the agent that brings in the buyer. Every single listing has this percentage noted for all agents to see.
- It typically doesn't cost a buyer any out of pocket cost to work with an agent.
- It typically doesn't cost a seller any out of pocket cost to list their home for sale with an agent. The commission doesn't kick in until once the property is sold. The commission is paid at closing and part of the settlement statement (Closing Disclosure).
- If you are a buyer and go directly to the listing agent to buy a home, you create what is called Dual Agency. Dual Agency is when an agent "represents both parties" but technically becomes a neutral and represents neither party. In Dual Agency, the entire commission is paid to the listing agent's brokerage, vs. being split between the listing agent and the agent working with the Buyer.
- A "short sale" is when the sales price isn't high enough to pay off the mortgage(s) and all costs to sell... the money is "short".Minnesota has up to a 6 month redemption period (sometimes longer) for those going through foreclosure. After the Sheriff's Sale is complete, the owner still has ownership in the property and can redeem/catch up with the lender and prevent the home from being foreclosed upon.A "HUD" home is a home where the owner had an FHA mortgage on the property and the property was foreclosed upon.
- All Minnesota Real Estate Agents must be licensed under a licensed Minnesota Real Estate Broker.
- Most agents set up showing appointments for a one hour time frame to allow for driving time and seeing other properties, and probably spend a total of 15 minutes or less in each home.
- Sites like Zillow and other similar sites charge real estate agents a lot of money to be the "preferred" agent... keep in mind that this agent is whoever was willing to pay the highest fee to the website and not necessarily the best agent for you. Zillow and Trulia are marketing companies, not real estate companies, and their data is often incorrect and/or out dated. It's best to work with a real estate company for the most up to date listings and data.
- Selling, Buying and/or Building should be fun and exciting
- Experience. I have been a real estate agent since 1997 and a real estate broker since 1999. I have mortgage experience as well and have a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and Management.
- Knowledge of the market. I have sold over 80 million dollars of real estate in the Twin Cities area. Most in Dakota, Scott, and Hennepin Counties, however, my business is mainly referral so I go where it takes me.
- Honesty and Integrity. I promise that I will not hard sell you into a property you do not want to buy. Buying or building a home should be fun and when you move in, you should be happy. That's important to me! You work with the boss. I won't pawn you off onto some new agent, you work directly with me! I take my job very seriously and will do everything I can to make your experience a pleasant one.
- No junk fees. I have no admin fees, no up front fees, and no other added on junk fees. Saving you even more! Just these fees alone can add up to hundreds and even into the thousands of dollars!
- Easy out. I offer an easy out of any contract I have with you. Sometimes personalities clash and things just don't work out. Let's not beat around the bush about it, let's talk about it and see what we can do about fixing it!
- Award winning service. I have been honored to be chosen as a Super Real Estate Agent by Twin Cities Business and Mpls St Paul Magazines. I have been in the top 5% of all MN Realtors for the most properties sold, and, the highest value of property sold. I am one of less than 3% off all Realtors Nationwide, to hold a CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) designation. And I hold the highest level of licensing available, a real estate broker.